Head of Learning & Delivery
The recent decision to change LMS and transform its curriculum has been a huge and difficult decision- yet also presents so many opportunities. Sydney University has undergone a journey of re training staff to confidently use the new system and reconceptualising their blended learning strategies. This session will explain what has worked and what hasn’t worked throughout this project.
- Exploring the decision behind this significant change
- Implementing the new generation LMS and providing teachers and students with the skills to meaningfully interact with them
- Process of re designing courses before moving material to the new LMS
- Reassessing the approach to teaching & learning online
Strategies to increase student engagement and retention rates of completely online learning platforms.
10:00 AM How Innovating the MOOC Creation Process has Led to Increased Student Centricity & Enhanced Student Outcomes at University of Adelaide
MOOCs have the capacity to reach anyone, anywhere. A well designed MOOC can enhance exposure, promote an institution globally and result in increased enrollments. The Adelaide X team has co-created MOOCs with its students in order to enhance their employability upon graduation. In this session Ali will run you through the innovative process used to create their MOOCs and how to balance both the student and academic expectations to facilitate successful outcomes for both.
- Selecting a course within which attributes will be enhanced through the MOOC style of learning
- Facilitating a successful Students as Partners approach to course design and delivery
- Designing assessments which allow both academic integrity and student feedback to flourish