12:00 PM From Business Case to Implementation: Deciding Which Immersive Technologies to Integrate Into Your Online & e-Learning Strategy
There is no denying that augmented and virtual reality is the latest technology inspiring teachers and being trailed in educational institutions. However- Universities and training organisations are under more strain than ever to innovate their Online & e-Learning offerings with limited budget and resources. Therefore it can be difficult to sell the benefits of AR/VR to your organisation. This workshop will demonstrate the latest disruptive technology and walk you through the process of how you can integrate these technologies into your current strategies: This workshop will:
- Demonstrate the capabilities of AR/VR
- Strategies to Engage with multiple departments within your organisation to integrate virtual & augmented reality
- Developing a business case for the implementation of new technologies in your institution
- Help you overcome technical issues associated with new technology
- Driving advocacy and adoption from teachers and trainers
- Moving from prototypes and pilots to scalable platforms
- The importance of data portability and contextual analytics
10:30 AM Exploring the Best Approach to Successful Integration of Augmented & Virtual Reality Within Your Organisation
The capabilities of AR&VR are undeniable but as an organisation where do you start? How can you demonstrate the value of these tools to your organisation? The Digital Lab at TAFE NSW is in the midst of researching and collaborating with industry partners to gain insight into exciting new and innovative AR/VR technology solutions that will produce positive learning outcomes for TAFE NSW and the global education sector. This session will explore:
- What are the first considerations when exploring immersive technology.
- How to sell in the value of AR/VR to management and how to set ROI expectations.
- Obstacles and pitfalls to avoid when identifying initial projects and dealing with vendors within a large education environment
- Navigating technical pitfalls and showcasing the potential of AR/VR applications