Associate Professor, Tertiary Preparation Program
University of Southern Queenslan
10:30 AM Exploring the Best Approach to Successful Integration of Augmented & Virtual Reality Within Your Organisation
The capabilities of AR&VR are undeniable but as an organisation where do you start? How can you demonstrate the value of these tools to your organisation? The Digital Lab at TAFE NSW is in the midst of researching and collaborating with industry partners to gain insight into exciting new and innovative AR/VR technology solutions that will produce positive learning outcomes for TAFE NSW and the global education sector. This session will explore:
- What are the first considerations when exploring immersive technology.
- How to sell in the value of AR/VR to management and how to set ROI expectations.
- Obstacles and pitfalls to avoid when identifying initial projects and dealing with vendors within a large education environment
- Navigating technical pitfalls and showcasing the potential of AR/VR applications
10:00 AM Increasing Student Engagement with Online & e-Learning at the University of Southern Queensland- with 75% of Students Choosing to Study Online
What a travesty, when the imaginative platform of the internet is used only as a filing cabinet, for students to retrieve content put-there by academics. The internet has radically changed social life and communications. Through the internet, we connect, author, contribute, debate, investigate, consult and visualise. It is time for these activities to transform education. This session will present practical strategies, tools and approaches to:
- Motivate students (and teachers) to actively participate in the learning experience
- Make learning exciting, stimulating and compelling
- Connect learners and teachers with one another, international experts and with knowledge
- Launch students’ digital profiles and distinctive value propositions, for advanced employability